How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly. …
- Inspect the Batteries. …
- Refill the Battery Water. …
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage. …
- Measure the Tire Pressure. …
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit. …
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
How do you take the governor off a club car?
Look behind the governor to find a small metal rod that’s permanently attached to the club car and stretch your rubber band enough to connect it to that metal rod. Screw the plastic plate back in place. Once the plate is back in place, the governor is disabled.
Where is the governor on a Club Car golf cart?
Locate the golf cart’s governor; you can find the governor by tracing the thickest cable running from the gas pedal. This cable runs through the governor on its way to the carburetor.
Can you adjust the speed on an electric golf cart?
Basically, an electric speed governor can be controlled by a tiny metal rod that’s located by the clutch of your golf cart. First things first: The electric speed governor is connected to a cable. You can adjust your speed by rotating the nut in a counterclockwise rotation.
How can I make my 36 volt club car faster?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart. …
- Power-wash your cart. …
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal. …
- Put larger tires on the cart. …
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.
Why is my golf cart so slow?
Usually, the most common reason golf carts slow down is when they don’t get enough power output from the battery. If the battery pack charge is very low and your cart is out of power, your cart will run slow.
How do you speed up a Club Car electric golf cart?
6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
How can I speed up my Club Car golf cart?
Increase the RPM
An increase in the input shaft rpm for all differential ratios will produce a higher speed. For a gas golf cart, other than adjusting the governor, the speed may be enhanced by replacing the engine with a higher rpm output model.